In 2007, we launched the Hugh M. Gloster Society. Named in honor of one of MSM’s esteemed founders and a late president of Morehouse College, the Gloster Society was established to help grow philanthropy and to enhance our knowledge of exceptional generosity to the Annual Fund. Annual gifts support student scholarships, the library and classroom and technology enhancements. Since 2007, approximately 300 individuals, corporations and foundations have become members of the Gloster Society.
This year’s annual Hugh M. Gloster Society Celebration publicly launched the Morehouse School of Medicine 40th Anniversary celebration. This event kicked off a celebration of your extraordinary philanthropy and featured our students, faculty, staff and alumni on campus for the MSM Experience, a unique, interactive behind-the-scenes showcase of MSM.
Please Join Us
President and Dean Dr. Valerie Montgomery Rice, The Morehouse School Of Medicine Board Of Trustees and Fellow Hugh M. Gloster Society members invite you to the Eighth Annual
Hugh M. Gloster Society Celebration
This event will celebrate your extraordinary philanthropy and feature our students, faculty, staff and alumni on campus for the MSM Experience, a unique, interactive behind-the-scenes showcase of MSM.
Thursday, April 16, 2015
5:30-7:00 p.m. – MSM Experience & Dinner
7:15-8:00 p.m. – Recognition Ceremony
Morehouse School of Medicine
720 Westview Dr. SW
Atlanta, GA 30310
Master of Ceremonies
Actor / Activist
As we kick off our 40th anniversary, we hope you will make a renewed commitment to Morehouse School of Medicine. Each gift fuels the hopes and dreams of our next generation of healthcare leaders.
Three easy ways to donate:
- Support an MSM Experience in advance when you register for the event online.
- Support an MSM Experience on-site when you join us.
- Engage in our live Fund-A-Need auction and support student scholarships.
This year, we look to raise $400,000, and your gift is tax deductible. See the difference your gift in action makes.
- $40,000 Supports one year of access to Step I & Step II examination preparation for our M.D. students
- $25,000 Supports a named scholarship or research fund for one year
- $10,000 Supports scholarships, research acquisitions and investments in innovation
- $5,000 Supports one student participating in foreign medical and humanity service work
- $1,000 Supports students’ memberships and registrations for professional conferences and professional organizations and classroom and technology enhancements
Louis C. Brown Vanguard Award
In 2009, MSM established the Louis C. Brown Vanguard Award. The award is named in honor of the late Atlanta internist and a founder of MSM. The Vanguard Award recognizes individuals whose pioneering spirit and demonstrated leadership have impacted issues of health disparities in Georgia and the nation.
The 2015 LOUIS C. BROWN VANGUARD AWARD will be presented to
Louis W. Sullivan, MD.
President Emeritus, Morehouse School of Medicine